Photography by. Steven Meisel(Top) and Bernadette Mira(Bottom)
Tomorrow is 4th of July and I am looking forward to relaxing and celebrating with delicious food. These two lovely ladies Naomi Campbell and Christy Turlington photographed by the brilliant Steven Meisel, inspired me to create a dish that any person would enjoy for this 4th of July.
Naomi and Christy are definitely legends in the model world and are rightly so. They both give such expression and life into the photos they have modeled for. It was exciting to see the work that they both have done and being inspired by them.
By the looks of these two women, it’s time to stop with the chit-chat and munch down on something spicy, sweet, salty, AND OH SO butterlicious!! So, here we go! This 4th of July I introduce you to…
Spicy Grilled Sriracha Corn
Two medium size ears of corn
2-3 Tbsp. of Sriracha
1/2 tsp. of ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. of black peppercorn
1/2 tsp. of red chili pepper flakes
pinch of ground garlic
pinch of sea salt
2 Tbsp. of good butter (Kerry Gold)
1 tsp. of finely chopped garlic
Grill Pan or Standing Grill
Vegetable oil (for brushing corn)
Cook’s Notes: Corn with the husk intact, is so much better than the plastic wrap ones.
- Shuck corn.
- Prepare grill pan or standing grill.
- Bring grill to a medium heat and lightly brush with oil.
- While the grill is heating up, prepare the corn and spicy sauce.
- Lightly brush corn with vegetable oil on all sides and set aside on plate.
- In a small bowl whisk together sauce ingredients until well combined.
- Brush the corn with the spicy sauce till completely covered.
- By this time the grill pan should be hot. Add the corn to the grill pan.
- After five minutes, raise temperature to high heat so the corn can get grill marks.
- Grill the corn for 12-15 minutes. Periodically flip the corn on every side so each side gets grilled.
- While waiting for the corn to be done, mix up the garlic butter ingredients in a small bowl. Then set aside.
- Once the corn has finished, transfer the corn to a plate to serve with garlic butter on the side.
Enjoy and Happy 4th of July!
Photo by. Bernadette Mira