Today’s inspiration is Pooja Mor. Now living in New York, she is one Indian model that is breaking the headlines of fashion and showing a new type of woman. She has been seen in Italian Vogue and Indian Vogue. I was very captivated by Patrick’s Photo of Pooja Mor. He captured the texture and swirls that are in the green tie dyed dress so beautifully. It inspired me to create a green juice that would boost any New Yorker’s day.
Living in New York, time gets away with you and sometimes you need that extra charge to start your day. Today’s recipe will wake you up and give you a boost of energy to keep you going in the crazy fast lane that is New York. I hope you enjoy!
Super Green Juice
Makes 2 full glasses
4 Dinosaur Kale Leafs (including stems)
4 Celery stalks finely chopped (including stems)
2 pitted Dates finely chopped
1 green apple diced
half of a ripe mango
1 tsp. of Matcha green powder
1 tsp. of grated fresh ginger
1 glass of cold water
splash of lime juice
High speed blender or Juicer
Cheese cloth folded over twice
A large bowl to gather juice
- Add finely chopped ingredients to blender or juicer.
- Blend for five minutes or so.
- Then, set the large bowl beside the blender so it’s close to catch the juice.
- Then, fold over the cheese cloth twice to catch any of the pulp.
- Gently dump some of the juice into the folded cheese cloth.
- Make sure not to add too much or the pulp will get into the bowl.
- Gather both sides of the cheesecloth and squeeze until most of the juice comes out.
- Repeat this process until all of the juice is used up.
- Throw away the leftover pulp.
- Pour the juice into a glass jar and cover and chill to enjoy for later or enjoy juice with chopped dates after completing the recipe.
Photo by. Bernadette Mira