Today’s inspiration is none other than the amazing, Miranda Kerr. The first time I heard of Miranda was actually pretty recently. I was browsing through YouTube and was endlessly watching the British Vogue Channel. My favorite segment from the British Vogue Channel is the ‘Inside the Wardrobe.’ Miranda’s was the first one to pop up and I was immediately enamored by her sense of style and of course, her wardrobe. Her style is a bit ready to wear with a flash of vintage, which is the best of both worlds. Be sure to check the video out when you have a chance.
The beautiful, 33-year-old, Australian model, who is also a mom, rose to fame as a Victoria’s Secret Angel back in 2007. Ever since then, she has launched an organic facial line called Kora Organics and has recently gotten engaged! Her photo above, taken by Gritty Pretty, inspired me to create a dish that you can enjoy in bed. Where you can settle down on a cloudy day, partake in a cup of coffee or tea and lounge around while enjoying something sweet and delicious. So, enough talk, here is today’s recipe…
Banana Coffee Cake
2 1/2 cups of flour
dash of salt
1 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1 cup of brown sugar(Domino)
3/4 cup of vegetable oil
(save 1 1/2 cup for crumb top)
3-4 ripe bananas
2 tbsp of plain yogurt
1/2 cup of buttermilk
1 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp of baking soda
Bake at 350 F for 45-60 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, cinnamon, sugars and vegetable oil until it creates a crumble like mixture.
- In a small bowl add 1 1/2 cup to save for the crumble top, then set aside for later.
- Add egg, bananas, yogurt, buttermilk, baking soda and baking powder to the dry mixture and combine until creamy.
- Butter or spray a 9 by 11 cake pan and pour in coffee cake mixture.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture on top and spread out evenly to cover.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes.
- Check with a knife or toothpick to check if done. (It’s done when the toothpick or knife comes out clean.)
Photo by. Bernadette Mira