Today I am serving you guys a dangerously tempting and sweet treat. Of course, let’s start off with today’s inspiration. Gisele Bundchen. The overly talented Brazilian model and actress is one of the top paid models out there! When I studied some of Gisele’s photos and taking a glimpse into her life through Instagram, I couldn’t help but feel inspired and strangely relaxed. Her feed is not just jewels and glamour, but very yogi and natured inspired, which was very refreshing to see. I was drawn to her ‘down to earth’ like personality and also the love that was emanating through her photos.
On the subject of love, Gisele is also a mother of two and is solely focusing on family, which I admire very much. The photo above taken by the great Paulo Vainer, inspired messiness but sweetness in my mind. I couldn’t help but think of Oreos and how they crumble once bitten into. So, without further adieu, I introduce…
12 Oreos (6 smashed and 6 whole)
1/2 cup of butter
1/4 cup of granulated sugar
2 chilled eggs
1/2 tsp. of nutmeg
1/2 tsp. of baking powder
pinch of sea salt in batter and sprinkled on top
1/3 cup of dutch cocoa powder
1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
medium size sauce pan
heat proof medium size glass bowl(for melting butter)
small plastic bag
rolling-pin or hands (to crush Oreos)
hand-held beater with whisk or beaters
8 inch baking pan
- Preheat oven to 335 F. Make sure one of the oven racks are in the middle to bake the brownies.
- In a medium sauce pan, add hot water half way and heat on stove to a simmer.
- Add the heatproof glass bowl on top of the saucepan and add 1/2 cup of butter.
- While waiting for the butter to melt, which will take about 8-10 minutes, crush six Oreos in a small plastic bag to create a crumbly like mixture. Then set the mixture aside.
- Prepare the 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper and a little spray of baking oil or butter. Then set aside.
- By this time, the butter should be melted. Quickly remove the glass bowl with oven mittens to the side. Add in the sugar, nutmeg and eggs. With the hand-held mixer, mix the ingredients until well combined.
- Then, add the flour, baking powder, pinch of salt, crushed Oreo mixture and cocoa to the wet ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- With a spatula spread the brownie mixture into the 8 inch baking pan. Spread out evenly so it coats all sides.
- Then sprinkle a little sea salt on top of the brownies. Then put into the oven for 25-30 minutes or until done.
- Halfway through the baking process, when the brownies hit the 15 to 10 minute mark, add the rest of the six Oreos to the mixture to create a star like pattern.
- Once the brownies have finished baking, let the brownies cool on a cooling rack until ready to eat.
Enjoy with a glass of milk!
Photo by. Bernadette Mira