I have never been one to be deeply in love with Chocolate or find it sensual. Yet, I try to work with it in recipes every now and then in hopes that it might change my way of thinking.
I’m currently sitting on my couch listening to Christmas music. The Sleigh ride song to be exact and I am craving to get my holiday fever on. So, to start the season off right, I wanted to share my hot chocolate recipe. It’s quick and not to toot my own horn, but it’s by far the best hot chocolate I have ever had.
Rich Hot Chocolate
Makes 2 small glasses (or 1 huge one)
Ingredients1/2 tsp. of cinnamon
2 tsp. of vanilla extract
1 cup of almond milk
2 tbsp. of condensed milk
1-2 tsp. of cocoa powder
1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
3.5 oz of 70% smooth dark chocolate (Lindt Chocolate )
1. In a small sauce pan add water to fill halfway and set on medium to high heat.
2. In a heat proof bowl melt the chocolate over the sauce pan. Add the chocolate gradually by medium size pieces until it fully melts.
3. Set aside and dump the water from the sauce pan and add the follow ingredients on medium heat. Almond milk, condensed milk, cocoa powder, cinnamon and 1 tsp. of vanilla.
4. Once the mixture has heated up a bit and starts to simmer add the melted chocolate and mix until fully incorporated. Set on low heat while making the whip cream.
5. In a standing mixer or hand held mixer mix 1/2 cup of the heavy whipping cream with a tsp. of vanilla. Mix until fluffy.
6. Serve the hot chocolate in small mugs or one huge mug for yourself with a ton of whip cream on top.
Photography by. Bernadette Mira