Model: Cara Delevingne
This past weekend was hectic and made me think quite a bit about what I want for my life. Relieving the past and traumatic situations can always put me into the what I like to call my ‘quiet time’ where I spend countless hours talking to myself (which maybe isn’t exactly quiet time but it certainly is therapeutic.). I find it important to take those moments of quiet where we ask ourselves “What do I really want for my life?” or “Who are the type of people I want to be surrounded by?” I have so far concluded that I want a life of growth, to be surrounded by people who care and also desire growth. I’m still spending time figuring out the rest but I have a lifetime for that.
For today’s recipe, I once again wanted to keep it simple, because sometimes the simplest things can be the best. Enjoy this Lemon Sake drink while relaxing the evening away in a bubbly bath tub.
Lemon Sake Quencher 🍋
1/2 tsp. of sugar
a pinch of black cracked pepper
1/3 cup of lemon juice (from two small-medium size lemons)
5 ginger pieces chopped up into big slices
1/4 tbsp. of good sake
1 ounce of tonic water
lemon zest to top it off
Small or medium sauce pan
- Boil on low to medium heat lemon juice, sugar, pepper and ginger slices together with lid on for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the lemon mixture has finished, drain in a strainer to catch the ginger slices and pour into an empty jar. Immediately put into the freezer to freeze for 10 minutes.
- Then take the lemon mixture out of the freezer and pour into desired cocktail glass.
- Combine sake and tonic water to the lemon mixture. Grate lemon zest to top it off.
- Enjoy with two ice cubes. Relax and take it easy.
Photos by. Bernadette Mira